CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – John Orozco and the United States men’s gymnastics team fell short in their quest for the nation’s first Olympic gold since 1984.
In fact, the Americans did not even medal.
The U.S. finished fifth in Monday’s men’s team finals at the 2012 Summer Olympics. China, Japan and Great Britain took the gold, silver and bronze medals, respectively.
The United States tallied 269.952 points, while fourth-place Ukraine accumulated 271.526 points.
The American men finished third in the floor exercises, seventh in the pommel horse, fourth in the rings, sixth in the vault, third in the parallel bars and third in the horizontal bars.
NBC will broadcast the men’s gymnastics finals at 8 p.m. EDT on tape delay.
Orozco will next compete in the men’s individual all-around on Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. EDT.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 4 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents