CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – John Orozco and the United States men’s gymnastics team fell short in their quest for the nation’s first Olympic gold since 1984.
In fact, the Americans did not even medal.
The U.S. finished fifth in Monday’s men’s team finals at the 2012 Summer Olympics. China, Japan and Great Britain took the gold, silver and bronze medals, respectively.
The United States tallied 269.952 points, while fourth-place Ukraine accumulated 271.526 points.
The American men finished third in the floor exercises, seventh in the pommel horse, fourth in the rings, sixth in the vault, third in the parallel bars and third in the horizontal bars.
NBC will broadcast the men’s gymnastics finals at 8 p.m. EDT on tape delay.
Orozco will next compete in the men’s individual all-around on Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. EDT.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 3 Montrose, Verplanck Affected By Water Main Break
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 5 Indian Point Security Drills Will Include Sounds Of Gunfire