CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – John Orozco and the United States men’s gymnastics team fell short in their quest for the nation’s first Olympic gold since 1984.
In fact, the Americans did not even medal.
The U.S. finished fifth in Monday’s men’s team finals at the 2012 Summer Olympics. China, Japan and Great Britain took the gold, silver and bronze medals, respectively.
The United States tallied 269.952 points, while fourth-place Ukraine accumulated 271.526 points.
The American men finished third in the floor exercises, seventh in the pommel horse, fourth in the rings, sixth in the vault, third in the parallel bars and third in the horizontal bars.
NBC will broadcast the men’s gymnastics finals at 8 p.m. EDT on tape delay.
Orozco will next compete in the men’s individual all-around on Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. EDT.
- 1 Cortlandt Man One Of Four Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Yorktown
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed