YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Only one budgeted "snow day" remains for the Lakeland Central School District following Wednesday's cancellation, according to James VanDevelede, the district's media manager.
Missing two more days would cause Lakeland students to fall below the state requirement, and the district would have to take days away from its spring recess, scheduled from March 25 to 29.
Lakeland has already changed Feb. 15 and May 24 to student instruction days. The dates were previously slated to be superintendent's conference days.
- 1 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer
- 2 Costco Eyeing Yorktown Opening
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Croton-on-Hudson Boy Receives Assistance Dog From Canine Companions
- 5 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate