This story was updated at 11:30 p.m. to correct an error.
CORTLANDT, N.Y. — Election Day is Tuesday, and despite being hit by Hurricane Sandy, officials have not changed polling places. Below is a list of candidates on Cortlandt's ballot.
Incumbent Barack Obama (D-Illinois) is running against former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney (R, C- Massachusetts) for president of the United States.
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-Saratoga) is seeking re-election as a U.S. senator and is running against Wendy Long (R-Manhattan), a litigator.
Rep. Nita Lowey (D-Harrison) is seeking re-election to her seat in the House of Representatives, against Joe Carvin (R-Rye) in the 17th Congressional District. This newly redrawn district extends from Dobbs Ferry to Peekskill and includes Yorktown, Cortlandt and Croton.
New York State Sen. Greg Ball (R-Patterson) will seek re-election against Justin Wagner (D-Croton) in the newly redrawn 40th Senate District. The new district extends from Beekman, north of Patterson, to Mount Pleasant, and includes the Town of Cortlandt, Somers, Yorktown, Peekskill, Mount Kisco, Pound Ridge, Lewisboro, North Salem and New Castle.
New York State Assembly member Sandy Galef (D-Ossining) will be running for re-election against Kim Izzarelli (R-Briarcliff) in the newly redrawn 95th Assembly District. This district includes Peekskill, Cortlandt, Ossining and parts of Putnam and Dutchess counties.
Incumbent Democratic candidate Ann Gallelli is running with Democratic nominee Kevin Davis for two seats on the Croton Village Board. Virginia Calcutti, a registered Democrat backed by a bi-partisan committee, is running as a write-in candidate for Croton Village Trustee.
Town of Cortlandt offices will be closed Tuesday and there is no garbage pick up. There is no school in the Croton-Harmon School District.
Check out the Westchester County polling place locator if you're looking for where to vote. No polling places have changed as a result of Hurricane Sandy, and voters should use their regular polling places.
- Election District 24: Cortlandt Town Hall, Conference Room 1, I Heady St., Cortlandt Manor.
- Election Districts 18, 26, 27 and 35: Cortlandt Community Center, 29 Westbrook Drive, Cortlandt Manor.
- Election Districts 12, 13, 20 and 21: Van Cortlandtville Elementary School gym, 3100 E. Main St., Mohegan Lake.
- Election Districts 14, 15 and 36: Lincoln Titus School cafeteria, 10 Lincoln Ave., Crompond.
- Election Districts 28 and 38: Furnace Wood Fire Station, 260 Croton Ave., Cortlandt Manor.
- Election Districts 11, 22 and 33: Blue Mountain Middle School gym, 7 Furnace Woods Road, Cortlandt Manor.
- Election Districts 1 and 2: Buchanan Village Hall community room, second floor, 236 Tate Ave., Buchanan.
- Election Districts 3 and 16: Verplanck School House, first floor, 210 6th St., Verplanck.
- Election District 34: Hendrick Hudson Free Library community room, 185 Kings Ferry Road, Montrose.
- Election District 4: Church of Divine Love, 80 Sunset Road, Montrose.
- Election District 17, 23 and 37: Cortlandt Engine Company lower hall, 2143 Albany Post Road, Montrose.
- Election District 5, 29 and 30: Bethel Springvale Inn, Boscobel Room, 62 Springvale Road, Croton-on-Hudson.
- Election District 31: Skyview Haven Nursing Home, lobby, 1280 Albany Post Road, Croton-on-Hudson.
- Election Districts 7, 9, 19, 32 and 39: Croton Municipal Building basement community room, 1 Van Wyck St., Croton-on-Hudson.
- Election Districts 6 and 8: Chemical Engine Fire House, seconnd floor, 154 Grand St., Croton-on-Hudson.
- Election District 25: Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran Church, Parish Hall, 56 Cleveland Drive, Croton-on-Hudson.
- Election District 10: Harmon Engine Fire House, 30 Wayne St., Croton-on-Hudson.
- 1 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Cortlandt Mother Says Westchester County Jail Neglected Sick Son
- 4 Ossining Man Indicted For Selling Drugs In Cortlandt
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway