YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Yorktown man with leading troopers on a chase along the Taconic State Parkway on Tuesday, June 10, police officials said.
Troopers from the Stormville barracks allegedly observed a Toyota Camry driven by Michael J. Federici, 26, traveling at a high rate of speed. As troopers attempted to pull Federici over, he allegedly accelerated and exited the parkway onto Route 22, state police said.
The driver then fled from the vehicle, and the pursuit continued on foot, according to state police.
Federici was arraigned in Carmel Town Court and remanded to Putnam County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail. He is due to appear in Kent Justice Court on Tuesday, June 24, officials said.
- 1 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Woman Charged With DWI After Accident In Cortlandt
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 4 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 5 Two Charged With Burglary At Cortlandt Elementary School