YORKTOWN, N.Y. — Three Cortlandt residents were charged with criminal possession of stolen property after more than $300 worth of merchandise was stolen at the Jefferson Valley Mall on Tuesday evening, police said.
A Yorktown police officer conducting an investigation at the mall at about 7 p.m. saw three suspects engaging in suspicious activity in the parking lot. Another officer pulled over their vehicle for a traffic infraction shortly thereafter, police said. After an investigation, police said the subjects were in possession of assorted merchandise worth $309 that was stolen from several stores in the mall.
Garfield Holland, 19; Allen Agbamu, 19; and Augustine Agbamu, 21, all of Cortlandt, were arrested and taken to police headquarters. They are scheduled to appear in Yorktown Town Court on Aug. 23 on the Class A misdemeanor charge.
Also on the Yorktown police blotter:
• An unidentified 18-year-old Yorktown male was arrested after fights at CVS and a home on two counts of third-degree attempted assault, a Class B misdemeanor, police said.
Police received a call from the manager of CVS about a fight at 8:50 p.m. July 22. Officer Tommy Nadoraski and Sgt. Michael Zaicek responded and determined that an 18-year-old had punched a 17-year-old Yorktown male in the face before fleeing.
At 9:22 p.m., the same 18-year-old again allegedly punched the same 17-year-old in the head while outside a home on Elizabeth Street before fleeing, police said.
The 18-year-old voluntarily appeared at police headquarters July 24 at 4:30 p.m. and was arrested. He is due in Yorktown Town Court on Aug. 21.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Police Investigate Assault With Baseball Bat In Yorktown
- 3 Indian Point Security Drills Will Include Sounds Of Gunfire
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Cortlandt
- 5 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests