PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Peekskill Police Chief Eric Johansen has requested that the Common Council waive the requirement that he live within Peekskill proper, according to theexaminernews.com.
Johansen was appointed to the position in February 2013 and was given more than a year to move within the city limits. He has appealed because he lives a mile outside Peekskill in Cortlandt and said the move would create undue hardship on his family, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 4 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents