PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Peekskill Police Chief Eric Johansen has requested that the Common Council waive the requirement that he live within Peekskill proper, according to theexaminernews.com.
Johansen was appointed to the position in February 2013 and was given more than a year to move within the city limits. He has appealed because he lives a mile outside Peekskill in Cortlandt and said the move would create undue hardship on his family, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 2 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Croton Heights
- 3 Croton-On-Hudson 'Robber Baron' Home Hits The Market
- 4 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway