CROTON-ON-HARMON, N.Y. -- It was a busy day Monday for Croton’s Bravest.
Volunteers for the village’s Fire Department answered six calls in just under 12 hours, according to a post on the department’s Facebook page.
While most of the calls were for routine things such as activated smoke alarms or reports of residents detecting gas odors, one kept firefighters at the scene for about two hours.
Shortly after 4 p.m., firefighters were called by local police to Old Post Road South where a tree had come crashing down, taking out electrical wires and damaging two parked cars, the fire department said.
The incident occurred between Morningside Drive and Truesdale Drive.
The downed wires caused a pole fire and, as a precaution, firefighters had to temporarily turn off electrical panels at several homes while Con Edison crews made repairs.
The Fire Department was able to clear the scene about two hours later.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.