CROTON, N.Y. – Area fire departments responded to a fire caused by a lightning strike Wednesday evening as thunderstorms moved through the area.
The fire started at around 10:15 p.m. at a home located at 11 Scenic Drive, according to the Verplack Fire Department. Montrose Buchanan, Croton and Verplanck emergency responders are on the scene.
Check back for more on this breaking story.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Croton Actor Lands Role In" Moonlight And Magnolias" In Greenwich