CROTON, N.Y. – Area fire departments responded to a fire caused by a lightning strike Wednesday evening as thunderstorms moved through the area.
The fire started at around 10:15 p.m. at a home located at 11 Scenic Drive, according to the Verplack Fire Department. Montrose Buchanan, Croton and Verplanck emergency responders are on the scene.
Check back for more on this breaking story.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home