CROTON, N.Y. -- After a trio of emergencies kept Croton-on-Hudson firefighters flying from one incident to another on Friday, officials are reminding residents to be fire safe and to make sure all heating appliances are used properly.
The first event took place around 12:30 p.m. when Engine 120 and Car 2081 were called to a Nordica Drive home for an activated carbon monoxide alarm. A malfunctioning furnace was the source. The home was vented and the owner advised to seek repair.
Firefighters were called out for a gas leak about 2:35 p.m. on Kuney Street to assist Con Edison with a gas leak. Crews made entry into one home and found no issue. Engines 118, 120 and U14 were on scene.
The final incident occurred at 4:50 p.m. when the department's Firefighter Assist & Search Team were summoned to a reported oven fire on Morningview Drive in the Yorktown Heights Fire District. Engine 119 took the assignment and was canceled en route.
The department is also reminding residents to make sure they have properly installed and functional carbon monoxide and smoke alarms.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.