CORTLANDT, N.Y. – David Hinkkanen, 55, of 3115 Lexington Ave., Cortlandt was taken into custody by New York State Police on Thursday night and charged with unlawfully dealing with a child in the first degree, endangering the welfare of a child and criminal obstruction of breathing, all Class A misdemeanors.
The charges stemmed from an investigation into a reported disturbance in the street near Hinkkanen’s home. Police accused Hinkkanen of hosting an underage drinking party for a group of youths under the age of 18 and the party got out of control.
At this time, the relationship between Hinkkanen and the youths is unclear. He is being held pending arraignment at Cortlandt Town Court.
Anyone with information regarding Hinkkanen or the circumstances of the events is asked to call the New York State Police in Cortlandt at 914-737-7171. All calls will be kept confidential.
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 3 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 4 Billionaire Yorktown Resident, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Police Activity Results In Closure Of Route 6N