TOMS RIVER, N.J. - William A. Mauro, Sr. of Toms River, formerly of Montrose, N.Y., died Jan. 21. He was 84.
Mauro was born Sept. 7, 1929, in Mount Vernon, N.Y., to John and Mary Cerrone Mauro. He graduated from Edison Tech. High School in Mount Vernon. He was a carpenter for Local 493. He later worked for American Partician Corp. in Westchester.
Mauro is survived by his wife, Theresa Mauro of Toms River; children, Vicki (George) Smith of Buchanan, William A. (Amy) Mauro, Jr. of Montrose and Stephen Mauro of Peekskill; sister, Maryanne DelDuco of Florida; six grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his first wife, Irene Osbourne Mauro; son, John Mauro; and brother, Robert Mauro.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 23 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Friday, Jan. 24 from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at St. Augustine's Church, Ossining. Cremation will follow at Ferncliff Crematory, Hartsdale.
- 1 Lawrence Taylor Signing Autographs At Croton Restaurant
- 2 Cortlandt Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Cortlandt
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Family Of Peekskill Man Killed In Tracy Morgan Crash Settles