TOMS RIVER, N.J. - William A. Mauro, Sr. of Toms River, formerly of Montrose, N.Y., died Jan. 21. He was 84.
Mauro was born Sept. 7, 1929, in Mount Vernon, N.Y., to John and Mary Cerrone Mauro. He graduated from Edison Tech. High School in Mount Vernon. He was a carpenter for Local 493. He later worked for American Partician Corp. in Westchester.
Mauro is survived by his wife, Theresa Mauro of Toms River; children, Vicki (George) Smith of Buchanan, William A. (Amy) Mauro, Jr. of Montrose and Stephen Mauro of Peekskill; sister, Maryanne DelDuco of Florida; six grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his first wife, Irene Osbourne Mauro; son, John Mauro; and brother, Robert Mauro.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 23 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Friday, Jan. 24 from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at St. Augustine's Church, Ossining. Cremation will follow at Ferncliff Crematory, Hartsdale.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'