TOMS RIVER, N.J. - William A. Mauro, Sr. of Toms River, formerly of Montrose, N.Y., died Jan. 21. He was 84.
Mauro was born Sept. 7, 1929, in Mount Vernon, N.Y., to John and Mary Cerrone Mauro. He graduated from Edison Tech. High School in Mount Vernon. He was a carpenter for Local 493. He later worked for American Partician Corp. in Westchester.
Mauro is survived by his wife, Theresa Mauro of Toms River; children, Vicki (George) Smith of Buchanan, William A. (Amy) Mauro, Jr. of Montrose and Stephen Mauro of Peekskill; sister, Maryanne DelDuco of Florida; six grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his first wife, Irene Osbourne Mauro; son, John Mauro; and brother, Robert Mauro.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 23 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Friday, Jan. 24 from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at St. Augustine's Church, Ossining. Cremation will follow at Ferncliff Crematory, Hartsdale.
- 1 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 2 Cortlandt Man One Of Four Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Yorktown
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress