CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. – Rose Ellen Keon Kleinert died Aug. 7 at her home in Croton-on-Hudson. She was 85.
Kleinert was born July 26, 1927, to Margaret and Edward Keon. She married James Kleinert on Sept. 16, 1950, at St. Patrick's Church in Verplanck. She was a communicant of Holy Name of Mary church in Croton.
She was also a member of the Verplanck Senior Citizens and Peekskill Ancient Order of Hibernians. Kleinert enjoyed gardening, travel and, most of all, her family and friends.
She is survived by four brothers, Edward Keon, Lawrence (Mary Lou) Keon, Daniel (Francine) Keon and Thomas (Sue) Keon; two sisters, Patricia (Robert) Vitola and Peggy (Charley) Krachy; a brother-in-law, Jack Kleinert; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Kleinert was predeceased by her husband, James, two sisters, Joan Canestra and Miriam Staten; and a brother, Dennis Keon.
Visiting hours are from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Cortlandt Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 9:45 a.m. Saturday at Holy Name of Mary Church. Burial will follow at St. Patrick's Cemetery in Verplanck.
- 1 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Croton Actor Lands Role In" Moonlight And Magnolias" In Greenwich
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing