CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. – Rose Ellen Keon Kleinert died Aug. 7 at her home in Croton-on-Hudson. She was 85.
Kleinert was born July 26, 1927, to Margaret and Edward Keon. She married James Kleinert on Sept. 16, 1950, at St. Patrick's Church in Verplanck. She was a communicant of Holy Name of Mary church in Croton.
She was also a member of the Verplanck Senior Citizens and Peekskill Ancient Order of Hibernians. Kleinert enjoyed gardening, travel and, most of all, her family and friends.
She is survived by four brothers, Edward Keon, Lawrence (Mary Lou) Keon, Daniel (Francine) Keon and Thomas (Sue) Keon; two sisters, Patricia (Robert) Vitola and Peggy (Charley) Krachy; a brother-in-law, Jack Kleinert; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Kleinert was predeceased by her husband, James, two sisters, Joan Canestra and Miriam Staten; and a brother, Dennis Keon.
Visiting hours are from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Cortlandt Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 9:45 a.m. Saturday at Holy Name of Mary Church. Burial will follow at St. Patrick's Cemetery in Verplanck.
- 1 Investigators Awaiting Toxicology Report In Death Of Croton's Lacey Carr
- 2 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings