CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – John A. Calise, a longtime Cortlandt resident, died June 9 at Calvary Hospital. He was 79.
A retired engineer, Calise worked at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center for more than 30 years.
He was born Jan. 10, 1933, in Manhattan to Venanzio and Maria Calise. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He then attended the City University of New York to study electronics and engineering.
On May 3, 1970, Calise married Anna DiNapoli. They lived in Astoria, Queens, until 1972 and relocated to Cortlandt Manor after having two children. Calise enjoyed photography, ballroom dancing, traveling and fixing his grandchildren's toys. He also enjoyed spending time with his family and friends.
Calise is survived by his wife, Anna; a daughter, Linda (Sean) Calise-Kerwin, of Manhattan; a son, David (Claver) Calise, of Cortlandt Manor; two sisters, Nancy and Geraldine; five grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by two brothers, Antonio and Ralph; and a sister, Marion.
A funeral Mass was celebrated Wednesday at Assumption Church, with burial at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Putnam Valley, N.Y. Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home handled arrangements.
Memorial donations may be made to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop