MONTROSE, N.Y. - Helen J. Scheuber, a longtime resident of Montrose, died April 28. She was 90.
Scheuber was born July 20, 1923, in Cincinnati, Ohio, to Thomas and Anna Humble. Locally she worked as a chauffeur for the Hendrick Hudson School District, for many years and volunteered at the Hendrick Hudson Free Library. She was a former member of the Hospital Auxiliary as well as a lector and organist at St. Patrick's Church.
Scheuber is survived by her children, Gerard W. Scheuber, Nancy Jackson, Jo Anne Posca; sister, Maria Dalton; seven grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and two step-great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, William; sisters, Virginia Steele, Nora Matamores; and brother, Thomas Humble.
Calling hours are Friday, May 2 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the E. F. Carter Funeral Home, 170 Kings Ferry Road, Montrose. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 3 at St. Patrick's Church, Verplanck. Interment will follow at Sunset Cemetery, Montrose.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Hendrick Hudson Free Library, 185 Kings Ferry Road, Montrose, NY 10548.
- 1 Early Morning Shooting At Pub In Cortlandt Manor Under Investigation
- 2 Hen Hud Schools Will Be Closed, Croton Schools Will Have Early Dismissal
- 3 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 4 Cortlandt Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Montrose Man, 56, Charged With DWI