CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Helen T. Carroll of Cortlandt Manor died Oct. 1. She was 81.
Carroll was born Sept. 6, 1931, in Peekskill to James and Florence Hines Thornell. She graduated from Peekskill High School and married William J. Carroll in 1968 at Assumption Church. He predeceased her in 2008.
She was employed as a secretary at Reader's Digest for many years before retiring in 1968. Carroll was a communicant at Assumption Church and St. Columbanus Church and a member of the rosary and altar societies. She was also a member of the women's auxiliaries of Peekskill Elks Lodge 744 and Ancient Order of Hibernians.
Carroll is survived by a sister, Madeline Turrone; a stepdaughter, Marjorie Harvey Seeley; a stepson, William Carroll; three granddaughters; five great-granddaughters; a niece and three nephews.
A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated Thursday at Assumption Church in Peekskill. Dorsey-Carlone Funeral Home in Peekskill handled arrangements.
Memorial donations may be made to the Peekskill Elks Lodge No. 744 or a favorite charity.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Indian Point Security Drills Will Include Sounds Of Gunfire
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Cortlandt
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Erratic Driving Complaint Leads To Taconic State Parkway DWI Arrest