CORTLANDT, N.Y. - Carmela Eva (Pecora) Diven, of Yonkers and later Cortlandt Manor, died April 13. She was 80.
Diven was born July 22, 1932, to Joseph C. and Isabel (Troccoli) Pecora in Yonkers, where she attended school, she worked in fashion business and for Putnam Valley's School District. A past board member of the Scarsdale Emblem Club, the Ladies Aux. Assoc. of the Scarsdale Elks, she remained in the community despite many infirmities in her later life.
Diven is survived by her children, Marie Diven Stelluti and Peter Mauritz of Conn. and N.Y., C.J. and Anna Diven (Jr.); two grandchildren; and many 'adopted' family members. She was predeceased by her husband, Charles J. Diven (Sr.); and brothers, Ignatius (Joe) and Nicholas (Buddy) Pecora.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 16 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Clark Funeral Home, Yorktown Heights, with a Mass of Christian Burial Wednesday, April 17 at 11 a.m. at St. Patrick's Old Stone Church, Yorktown Heights. Interment to follow at Ferncliff Cemetery, Hartsdale.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 5 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend