CORTLANDT, N.Y. - Carmela Eva (Pecora) Diven, of Yonkers and later Cortlandt Manor, died April 13. She was 80.
Diven was born July 22, 1932, to Joseph C. and Isabel (Troccoli) Pecora in Yonkers, where she attended school, she worked in fashion business and for Putnam Valley's School District. A past board member of the Scarsdale Emblem Club, the Ladies Aux. Assoc. of the Scarsdale Elks, she remained in the community despite many infirmities in her later life.
Diven is survived by her children, Marie Diven Stelluti and Peter Mauritz of Conn. and N.Y., C.J. and Anna Diven (Jr.); two grandchildren; and many 'adopted' family members. She was predeceased by her husband, Charles J. Diven (Sr.); and brothers, Ignatius (Joe) and Nicholas (Buddy) Pecora.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 16 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Clark Funeral Home, Yorktown Heights, with a Mass of Christian Burial Wednesday, April 17 at 11 a.m. at St. Patrick's Old Stone Church, Yorktown Heights. Interment to follow at Ferncliff Cemetery, Hartsdale.
- 1 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress