YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police charged a Mamaroneck teen with making a false sex abuse claim on Sunday, March 9, police officials said.
The suspect appeared at the Yorktown Police Department on Jan. 29 claiming he was sexually assaulted by two residents at the Phoenix Academy by two male residents, Yorktown Police said.
Officers who investigated the case allege that the suspect fabricated the report of sexual abuse and also provided a false written statement.
The suspect is scheduled to appear in Yorktown Court on Thursday, April 10, according to Yorktown Police.
- 1 Police Issue 72 Tickets In Cortlandt Route 9 Detail
- 2 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 5 Plane Crashes After Takeoff In Wappingers Falls