YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police charged a Mamaroneck teen with making a false sex abuse claim on Sunday, March 9, police officials said.
The suspect appeared at the Yorktown Police Department on Jan. 29 claiming he was sexually assaulted by two residents at the Phoenix Academy by two male residents, Yorktown Police said.
Officers who investigated the case allege that the suspect fabricated the report of sexual abuse and also provided a false written statement.
The suspect is scheduled to appear in Yorktown Court on Thursday, April 10, according to Yorktown Police.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'