YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police charged a Mamaroneck teen with making a false sex abuse claim on Sunday, March 9, police officials said.
The suspect appeared at the Yorktown Police Department on Jan. 29 claiming he was sexually assaulted by two residents at the Phoenix Academy by two male residents, Yorktown Police said.
Officers who investigated the case allege that the suspect fabricated the report of sexual abuse and also provided a false written statement.
The suspect is scheduled to appear in Yorktown Court on Thursday, April 10, according to Yorktown Police.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 Woman Charged With DWI After Accident In Cortlandt
- 5 Two Charged With Burglary At Cortlandt Elementary School