MOHEGAN LAKE, N.Y. - A woman escaped unharmed Tuesday afternoon when a fire ripped through the roof of her home at 1646 Wenonah Trail in Mohegan Lake.
Approximately 35 area firefighters responded to the 1:16 p.m. blaze in the two story residence and found a woman outside while heavy smoke and flames poured out of the roof in the rear of the dwelling.
Lake Mohegan Fire Chief Brian Wolert said the fire was brought under control in about an hour but the home was declared uninhabitable. Wolert said the accidental fire was determined to be electrical from faulty wires in a downstairs kitchen connected to a light switch and socket.
The Lake Mohegan Fire Department was assisted by Peekskill, Yorktown, Buchanan and the Westchester County Cause and Origin team.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Montrose, Verplanck Affected By Water Main Break
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Westchester Man Is Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC