WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An audiotape of a radio interview that is believed to be Adam Lanza made one year prior to the Sandy Hook shootings in Newtown, Conn., was published by the New York Daily News on Thursday.
The details of the seven-minute interview with an Oregon college radio show appear to foreshadow what was to come for the 20-year-old killer. Lanza compares a teenage mall shooter to Travis, the pet chimpanzee that attacked a Connecticut woman in 2009, according to the Daily News.
While the audio cannot be conclusively confirmed as Lanza, two of his friends confirmed with the Daily News that the voice was unmistakable.
Lanza killed 20 children and six educators on Dec. 14, 2012, at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. He also killed his mother at their home before the massacre and himself as police arrived at the school.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home