CORTLANDT, N.Y. - As predicted by the National Weather Service, snow began falling in Cortlandt at about 9 a.m.
Less than an inch of total precipitation is expected, but as temperatures hover around freezing the service predicted sleet and freezing rain will accompany the snow before 3 p.m. After 3 p.m., freezing rain and sleet is expected.
Rain is possible between 8 p.m. and midnight.
Late morning snowfall "may make for slippery conditions on the roadways. Any ice accumulation by evening on top of the snow accumulation will make for dangerous conditions," reads a winter weather advisory issued by the service.
Croton-Harmon, Hendrick Hudson and Lakeland school districts already have scheduled early dismissals. Most schools begin dismissing before or at 11 a.m.
- 1 Investigators Awaiting Toxicology Report In Death Of Croton's Lacey Carr
- 2 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings