CORTLANDT, N.Y. - As predicted by the National Weather Service, snow began falling in Cortlandt at about 9 a.m.
Less than an inch of total precipitation is expected, but as temperatures hover around freezing the service predicted sleet and freezing rain will accompany the snow before 3 p.m. After 3 p.m., freezing rain and sleet is expected.
Rain is possible between 8 p.m. and midnight.
Late morning snowfall "may make for slippery conditions on the roadways. Any ice accumulation by evening on top of the snow accumulation will make for dangerous conditions," reads a winter weather advisory issued by the service.
Croton-Harmon, Hendrick Hudson and Lakeland school districts already have scheduled early dismissals. Most schools begin dismissing before or at 11 a.m.
- 1 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Woman Charged With DWI After Accident In Cortlandt
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 4 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 5 Two Charged With Burglary At Cortlandt Elementary School