CORTLANDT, N.Y. - As predicted by the National Weather Service, snow began falling in Cortlandt at about 9 a.m.
Less than an inch of total precipitation is expected, but as temperatures hover around freezing the service predicted sleet and freezing rain will accompany the snow before 3 p.m. After 3 p.m., freezing rain and sleet is expected.
Rain is possible between 8 p.m. and midnight.
Late morning snowfall "may make for slippery conditions on the roadways. Any ice accumulation by evening on top of the snow accumulation will make for dangerous conditions," reads a winter weather advisory issued by the service.
Croton-Harmon, Hendrick Hudson and Lakeland school districts already have scheduled early dismissals. Most schools begin dismissing before or at 11 a.m.
- 1 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Croton Actor Lands Role In" Moonlight And Magnolias" In Greenwich
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing