WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- As Tropical Storm Arthur barrels its way up the East Coast and temperatures soared toward 90 and the humidity levels grew, the National Weather Service has issued a a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 9 p.m. and Severe Thunderstorm Warning until 6:15 p.m. Wednesday that includes Westchester.
Some storms could be severe, with heavy rain, large hail and damaging winds and could occur up until 1 a.m. After that, patchy fog is expected through 10 a.m. Thursday.
More showers and thunderstorms should return after 10 a.m. Thursday, with new rainfall amounts of up to three-quarters of an inch possible.
- 1 Investigators Awaiting Toxicology Report In Death Of Croton's Lacey Carr
- 2 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings