WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- As Tropical Storm Arthur barrels its way up the East Coast and temperatures soared toward 90 and the humidity levels grew, the National Weather Service has issued a a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 9 p.m. and Severe Thunderstorm Warning until 6:15 p.m. Wednesday that includes Westchester.
Some storms could be severe, with heavy rain, large hail and damaging winds and could occur up until 1 a.m. After that, patchy fog is expected through 10 a.m. Thursday.
More showers and thunderstorms should return after 10 a.m. Thursday, with new rainfall amounts of up to three-quarters of an inch possible.
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 4 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 5 Cortlandt Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night