Tuesday's heavy rains have raised rivers and streams past the flood stage causing many local highways and roadways to close until the water recedes, according to the New York State Department of Transportation.
All the major highways in lower and mid-Westchester, with the exception of Interstate 95 and Interstate 287, have sections closed to traffic, after flooding, said Melissa Slater of the DOT
The Sprain Brook Parkway is closed southbound beginning at the Central Park Avenue exit and also closed northbound from the split with the Bronx River Parkway to Tuckahoe Road.
Bronx River Parkway drivers will find it closed to traffic between the split with the Sprain Brook Parkway up to exit 22, the County Center exit in White Plains.
The Saw Mill River is closed in both directions between exit 29, Manville Road in Pleasantville , and exit 12, Farraugut Parkway, Hastings.
Drivers in both directions on the Hutchinson River Parkway will find closures between exit 15, the Cross County Parkway and the Bronx border.
The on-off ramps at North State Road and Route 9A is also closed due to storm damage
Check back here for updates throughout the day about local road conditions. Please share any information you might have about local roads here, on Facebook or Twitter.
- 1 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester