Update: The driver of the boat involved in a fatal accident on the Hudson River on Friday night was charged with a felony count of vehicular manslaughter, Lohud is reporting. Jojo K. John, 35, of Nyack was charged Saturday, the website reported, adding that alcohol is believed to have been a factor.
Original story: WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A woman's body was pulled Saturday from the Hudson River near a spot where a bride-to-be and the best man in her wedding party were thrown overboard when the boat they were on slammed into a barge late Friday, ABC News reported.
Six people were reportedly on the powerboat on their way from Piermont to Tarrytown.
The groom-to-be and four others were injured and taken to local hospitals, ABC New York station WABC-TV reported. The wedding was set for next month.
For more information on the crash, visit the website for ABC News.
- 1 Paulin Reflects On Sexual Assault Of Montrose Resident
- 2 Cortlandt Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Cortlandt
- 4 Federal Agency Approves Controversial Algonquin Pipeline Expansion
- 5 Firefighters Battle Peekskill Blaze That Displaces 13