NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - The New York Yankees may have kicked off the season with their home opener Friday, but the season was over before it began for New Rochelle restaurant 42 Clubhouse Grill.
The restaurant, currently closed, sits in a building owned by 12-time All-Star and five-time World Series champion Mariano Rivera.
New Rochelle resident Michael Drew, who lives downtown, feels the restaurant is currently closed because the city’s core is unattractive. He also feels no efforts are currently being made to help improve it.
“We have no class on the Main Street,” Drew said.
The establishment closed a week before Christmas, according to Maureen Kerrigan of Mason’s Pub next door to the business.
Kerrigan is not sure why the restaurant closed, but is optimistic that the restaurant will re-open.
“I hope it does,” Kerrigan said.
A call to the New Rochelle Chamber of Commerce Friday afternoon was not immediately returned.
The Yankees beat the Los Angeles Angels 5-0 in their 2012 season home opening victory. The win was the Bronx Bombers’ first of three game series at Yankee Stadium this weekend.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Cortlandt, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Cortlandt; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Cortlandt Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road