CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton last week:
- A new political party is hoping to bring more openness and transparency to the Village of Croton-On-Hudson, according to its chair.
- Buchanan-based Indian Point’s Unit 3 nuclear power plant automatically shut down in response to a false signal indicating a change in reactor coolant system pressure at about 11:57 a.m on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
- Yorktown Police charged a male and female from Verplanck with shoplifting on Wednesday, Aug. 6, officials said.
- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week.
- 1 Father Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Thanks Community For Support
- 2 Croton Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Hen Hud Graduate Contributes To College Softball Team's Success
- 4 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth As Part Of Westchester Bust
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History