CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton last week:
- A new political party is hoping to bring more openness and transparency to the Village of Croton-On-Hudson, according to its chair.
- Buchanan-based Indian Point’s Unit 3 nuclear power plant automatically shut down in response to a false signal indicating a change in reactor coolant system pressure at about 11:57 a.m on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
- Yorktown Police charged a male and female from Verplanck with shoplifting on Wednesday, Aug. 6, officials said.
- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Cortlandt Woman, 25, Is Charged With DWI
- 3 Man, Two Women, Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 4 Peekskill Man Stopped For Speeding Charged With DWI Under Leandra's Law
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes