WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Nine first-year Metro-North conductors were fired while three others were reassigned after they were caught cheating on a safety test during a training session, according to the New York Daily News.
One or more of the conductors gained access to a written safety exam, photographed the questions with a smart phone, and shared it with other members of the training program, the Daily News said.
The nine conductors that were fired had less than a year of experience and thus did not have union protections. The three on reassignment were demoted to their previous titles, the Daily News reported.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home