VALHALLA, N.Y. – Sections of the Bronx River Parkway and the Taconic Parkway near the Kensico Dam in Valhalla will be closed Tuesday from 5 p.m. to midnight because of the Kensico Dam Plaza fireworks display, the Westchester County Department of Public Works said.
On the Bronx River Parkway, the northbound side will be closed between Virginia Road and the Kensico Dam Plaza. During the same time, the Taconic will be closed from Commerce Street to the Kensico Dam Plaza.
The Public Works Department said electronic signs will alert motorists of the closings, and drivers should plan alternative routes. The county also advises motorists that traffic delays are expected Tuesday around the Kensico Dam area for the county's annual Fourth of July celebration at the plaza.
Pre-show entertainment will begin at 6 p.m., and the fireworks are scheduled to go off around 9 p.m. Admission and parking are free. Bring your own chairs or blankets for seating.
For questions or additional information, call the Westchester County Department of Public Works at 914-995-2555.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 4 Cortlandt Woman, 25, Is Charged With DWI
- 5 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say