This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The dangerous dog that escaped from the SPCA of Westchester in Briarcliff was located by a police patrol unit Wednesday and has been returned to the SPCA, Westchester Police said.
Police had warned residents on that a dog that is possibly a Pit bull mix escaped late Monday morning from SPCA of Westchester on North State Road in Briarcliff Manor.
The dog is brown colored and weighs between 50 and 60 pounds. In issuing the advisory, the police warned that the dog is not friendly and will bite if approached.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 4 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents