CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton this week:
- New York State Police conducted a distracted driving detail on Routes 6 and 9 in Cortlandt on Monday, March 31, police officials said.
- State Sen. Greg Ball recently announced that the state's budget includes a provision to prevent recipients of public assistance from using electronic debit transfer cards at liquor stores and other locations.
- Both Lakeland High School in Shrub Oak and Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor have been evacuated following a bomb threat Monday morning.
- The number of students opting out of the English Language Arts exams this week hit double digits in a few Westchester school districts, while most said only a few refused to take the tests.
- A 14-year-old boy was arrested and charged with phoning in a false bomb threat earlier this week to Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor, Westchester County Police said.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Cortlandt
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash