CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton this week:
- New York State Police conducted a distracted driving detail on Routes 6 and 9 in Cortlandt on Monday, March 31, police officials said.
- State Sen. Greg Ball recently announced that the state's budget includes a provision to prevent recipients of public assistance from using electronic debit transfer cards at liquor stores and other locations.
- Both Lakeland High School in Shrub Oak and Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor have been evacuated following a bomb threat Monday morning.
- The number of students opting out of the English Language Arts exams this week hit double digits in a few Westchester school districts, while most said only a few refused to take the tests.
- A 14-year-old boy was arrested and charged with phoning in a false bomb threat earlier this week to Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor, Westchester County Police said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'