CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton this week:
- New York State Police conducted a distracted driving detail on Routes 6 and 9 in Cortlandt on Monday, March 31, police officials said.
- State Sen. Greg Ball recently announced that the state's budget includes a provision to prevent recipients of public assistance from using electronic debit transfer cards at liquor stores and other locations.
- Both Lakeland High School in Shrub Oak and Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor have been evacuated following a bomb threat Monday morning.
- The number of students opting out of the English Language Arts exams this week hit double digits in a few Westchester school districts, while most said only a few refused to take the tests.
- A 14-year-old boy was arrested and charged with phoning in a false bomb threat earlier this week to Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor, Westchester County Police said.
- 1 Police Issue 72 Tickets In Cortlandt Route 9 Detail
- 2 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 5 Plane Crashes After Takeoff In Wappingers Falls