CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton this week:
- New York State Police conducted a distracted driving detail on Routes 6 and 9 in Cortlandt on Monday, March 31, police officials said.
- State Sen. Greg Ball recently announced that the state's budget includes a provision to prevent recipients of public assistance from using electronic debit transfer cards at liquor stores and other locations.
- Both Lakeland High School in Shrub Oak and Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor have been evacuated following a bomb threat Monday morning.
- The number of students opting out of the English Language Arts exams this week hit double digits in a few Westchester school districts, while most said only a few refused to take the tests.
- A 14-year-old boy was arrested and charged with phoning in a false bomb threat earlier this week to Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor, Westchester County Police said.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 5 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend