CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- The Buchanan Police Department has seized more than five pounds of marijuana, Police Chief Brian Tubbs announced.
According to Tubbs, the marijuana was destined for a Buchanan group home. On Feb. 22, Sgt. Mike Guida and Detective Thomas Cobelli received a tip that a box containing large packages of marijuana was sent via U.S. mail from California to a group home at 113 Burke Court in Buchanan, according to Tubbs..
The officers seized the shipment, and estimated the street value of the marijuana between $15,000 and $20,000, according to Tubbs.
Tubbs said the investigation is ongoing and police are working with the U.S. Postal Inspector's Office.
- 1 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital
- 2 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend