CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- The Buchanan Police Department has seized more than five pounds of marijuana, Police Chief Brian Tubbs announced.
According to Tubbs, the marijuana was destined for a Buchanan group home. On Feb. 22, Sgt. Mike Guida and Detective Thomas Cobelli received a tip that a box containing large packages of marijuana was sent via U.S. mail from California to a group home at 113 Burke Court in Buchanan, according to Tubbs..
The officers seized the shipment, and estimated the street value of the marijuana between $15,000 and $20,000, according to Tubbs.
Tubbs said the investigation is ongoing and police are working with the U.S. Postal Inspector's Office.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Cortlandt Skies Sunday
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Cortlandt Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 69-Year-Old Attacked, Injured In Putnam Valley Home Invasion
- 5 Cortlandt Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend