KATONAH, N.Y. – The Westchester Oratorio Society is seeking competent singers for all vocal ranges to join the choral group, which kicks off its 16th season Tuesday, Sept. 4.
The first major performance of the 2012-2013 season is Sunday, Nov. 18 at Temple Shaaray Tefila in Bedford Corners, where the choir will perform Schoenberg's "A Survivor From Warsaw" and Brahms' "A German Requiem."
The holidays will feature a chamber concert at the Chappaqua Library, a concert at Muscoot Farm and a sing-along "Scratch Messiah" in Somers.
The second major concert is Sunday, June 2, where internationally renowned pianist Hélène Grimaud will perform Beethoven's "Choral Fantasy" in memory of the Oratorio Society's co-founder Robert McDonald. Other highlights of the June show include Brahms' "Schicksalslied" and Beethoven's "Christus am Ölberg."
Rehearsals begin Sept. 4 and are held every Tuesday evening at the Katonah United Methodist Church from 7:30 to 10 p.m.
- 1 Cortlandt Man One Of Four Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Yorktown
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 5 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson