CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – About 12 percent of residents in the town of Cortlandt are still waiting for their power to be restored. Con Edison has estimated that power will be restored to the area by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday night.
Con Edison began dry ice distribution on Monday, and continued distributing dry ice on Tuesday, in the BJ’s parking lot, located at 3303 Crompond Road in Yorktown. Cortlandt town Supervisor, Linda Puglisi, maintains that once again, Con Edison has begun dry ice distribution too late, as most residents have already lost all their perishables.
According to Con Edison’s estimates 1,498 people in Cortlandt, of the 12,295 residents they serve, are still without power. Con Edison also estimates that about 86 percent of Westchester County residents have had their power restored, as of 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
Power has been restored to all Hendrick Hudson Schools.
- 1 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer
- 2 Costco Eyeing Yorktown Opening
- 3 Croton-on-Hudson Boy Receives Assistance Dog From Canine Companions
- 4 Popeyes Pub In Cortlandt Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says