WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Nothing beats the feel of fall and nothing tastes better in the crisp cool air than a steaming bag of apple cider doughnuts. How can you eat just one?
Paired with a hot cup of freshly milled apple cider, there's nothing better. Where do you like to go for your sugar fix, Westchester? We've outlined a few of our favs. Feel free to add yours to our Comments or on Facebook.
- Acorn Farm & Garden Center, Harrison: You might think this is just a spot for Amish crafted wood products (think Adirondack chairs, sheds, gazebos and playhouses) but think again. A well-stocked Country Market features locally grown produce, Amish crafts, wreaths, quilts and homemade donuts on Saturday and Sunday. You'll also find a pumpkin waiting for you in their pumpkin patch. Go: 470 Mamaroneck Ave., 914-698-7846
- Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard. North Salem : Don't just come for the doughnuts -- though they are definitely addicting. There's also apple and pumpkin-picking to be had. Check the website/Facebook for festival info as face painting, music, pony rides and hayrides are also on the agenda. Go: 130 Hardscrabble Rd., 914-485-1210
- Stuart’s Fruit Farm, Granite Springs: Shop at the market -- and grab those sweets -- but also enjoy the hayrides and new for 2017, a corn maze. Go: 62 Granite Springs Rd., 914-245-2784
- Thompson’s Cider Mill and Orchard, Croton: Enjoy the delicious sweetness of fresh-pressed apple cider right from the source. The doughnuts are also worth the trip. Then head for a hike at nearby Teatown so you can work off all you ate. Go: 335 Blinn Rd.,914-271-2254
- Wilkens Fruit and Fir Farm, Yorktown Heights: head to the new corn maze, or opt for pumpkin and apple-picking before grabbing your "dough." Go: 1335 White Hill Rd., 914-245-5111
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.