PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – People were dancing in the streets of downtown Peekskill on Saturday, enjoying the perfect weather and the great music of the Sixth Annual Jazz & Blues Festival. The free outdoor concert and fair, which ran from 1 to 10 p.m., drew thousands of people to the intersection of Central Avenue and North Division Street.
Some festival-goers set up beach chairs and brought picnics, others sampled food and drinks provided by local vendors or stopped by the many restaurants, including 12 Grapes and The Division Street Grill, which set up tables and chairs out on Division Street.
- 1 Croton Police Gathering Evidence In Lacey Carr Death Probe
- 2 Service Dog Stolen In Cortlandt
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital