CROTON FALLS, N.Y. -- Cortlandt Manor's David Kornreich took second place at The Schoolhouse Theater's limerick contest.
More than 30 writers submitted entries for the annual contest at the theater in Croton Falls. The top three were chosen by the Schoolhouse staff using a blind ballot system. The contest winner was Nada Sterling of Carmel.
"Part of the mission of The Schoolhouse Theater is to bring smiles to audiences," said Executive Director James Shearwood, "and it is hard to hear a limerick without smiling."
Kornreich said he enjoys writing verse but had not tried the limerick form before. The following is David's limerick:
"A pitcher whose hometown was Somers,
Tried out for a team called 'The Roamers,'
But his hopes of travel,
Began to unravel,
When he gave up seventeen homers."
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Knife-Wielding Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester