CROTON FALLS, N.Y. -- Cortlandt Manor's David Kornreich took second place at The Schoolhouse Theater's limerick contest.
More than 30 writers submitted entries for the annual contest at the theater in Croton Falls. The top three were chosen by the Schoolhouse staff using a blind ballot system. The contest winner was Nada Sterling of Carmel.
"Part of the mission of The Schoolhouse Theater is to bring smiles to audiences," said Executive Director James Shearwood, "and it is hard to hear a limerick without smiling."
Kornreich said he enjoys writing verse but had not tried the limerick form before. The following is David's limerick:
"A pitcher whose hometown was Somers,
Tried out for a team called 'The Roamers,'
But his hopes of travel,
Began to unravel,
When he gave up seventeen homers."
- 1 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 2 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 3 Police Ask For Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek