CROTON FALLS, N.Y. -- Cortlandt Manor's David Kornreich took second place at The Schoolhouse Theater's limerick contest.
More than 30 writers submitted entries for the annual contest at the theater in Croton Falls. The top three were chosen by the Schoolhouse staff using a blind ballot system. The contest winner was Nada Sterling of Carmel.
"Part of the mission of The Schoolhouse Theater is to bring smiles to audiences," said Executive Director James Shearwood, "and it is hard to hear a limerick without smiling."
Kornreich said he enjoys writing verse but had not tried the limerick form before. The following is David's limerick:
"A pitcher whose hometown was Somers,
Tried out for a team called 'The Roamers,'
But his hopes of travel,
Began to unravel,
When he gave up seventeen homers."
- 1 IRS Warns Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Hen Hud HS Swimmers Prepare For State Girls Competition
- 3 Westchester County Police Charge Man, 26, With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 4 Man Is Shot By Fellow Hunter After Killing Deer Near Putnam County
- 5 Hen Hud Three-Sport Star Amber Feminella Signs With Merrimack