JEFFERSON VALLEY, N.Y. -- A crowd of Club Fit members and participants recently danced their way through Club Fit for a good cause.
About 75 people participated in Club Fit's "So You Think You Can Choreograph" fundraiser to raise money for the National Stroke Association. The event was held in honor of one of Club Fit's longtime staff members Syd Berman, who suffered a stroke two years ago and is currently working on her recovery.
Participants choreographed a dance to their favorite song, presented the dance to a panel of judges and competed against each other in a competition for first, second and third place. Judging was based on choreography, music and creativity. Club Fit staff members Sherri Moses, Amanda Epstein, Jamie McGuire and Amy Jemthal judged participants.
The judges awarded three members with honors for their distinctive dances. Carla Sams, a Cortlandt Manor resident, earned first place; Maureen Milazza, a Mohegan Lake resident, earned second; and Ellen DeGrazia, a Cortlandt Manor resident, earned third.
Members and program participants raised $3,301.
For more upcoming events at Club Fit, visit the website at www.clubfit.com.
Visit clubfit.com to learn more.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Cortlandt
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Cortlandt