WESTCHESTER COUNTY N.Y. -- In honor of 75 years of service, Assemblywoman Sandy Galef presented members of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary with a special proclamation.
The proclamation also acknowledged the Verplanck Flotilla for 15 years of outstanding service to Westchester and Putnam counties.
“I thank Assemblywoman Galef for the acknowledgment,” said Gene Yetter, Flotilla Commander Verplanck.
“In 1999, a group of avid boaters from Northern Westchester decided to dedicate their vessels and time to help the Coast Guard protect our communities.
"We continue to serve and support the US Coast Guard by promoting boat safety and patrolling the waters in the Hudson Valley. We are truly proud of our rich history in Westchester County and New York State. ”
For more information, visit the recreational boating laws and regulations information website at http://www.cgaux.org/boating-info.
- 1 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center
- 2 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Cortlandt Mother Says Westchester County Jail Neglected Sick Son
- 5 Ossining Man Indicted For Selling Drugs In Cortlandt