WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Volunteers with the Croton-on-Hudson Fire Department recently endured a “Manic Monday,” responding to several calls at the local Metro-North station in just a few hours.
The busy day for the volunteers began at 10:35 a.m. on Monday, July 10, when crews were dispatched to the Metro-North Croton-Harmon Yards when a fire alarm went off at an office trailer that was set off by smoke that was created from an electrical malfunction.
While crews were at the office, a second call came in regarding a fire at the Peekskill Motor Inn, though as firefighters were getting ready to head north to respond, the request for assistance was canceled.
Approximately an hour later, at 11:40 a.m., fire crews were again dispatched to a different building at the Metro-North station. According to fire officials, upon arrival, firefighters found that the firefighting foam system located near their fuel storage tanks accidentally discharged. The scene was cleared quickly.
Later that afternoon, shortly before 1 p.m., crews were once again called to the Croton-Harmon Yards, where there was an accidental transmission of the alarm that was caused from the scene they had cleaned up earlier.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.