CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Croton-On-Hudson Fire Department answered five calls for assistance since Friday, June 17.
- Friday, June 17, at 8:55 p.m.: A pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in the ShopRite Shopping Center Parking Lot.
- Friday, June 17, at 9 p.m.:smoke from a BBQ caused an alarm on Hessian Hills Road;
- Saturday, June 18, at 11:17 a.m.: tanker 10 was dispatched for Mutual Aid to the Montrose Fire Department for a gas leak in a laundry room on Scenic Drive;
- Saturday, June 18, at 12:16 p.m.: smoke from cooking set off an alarm in medical offices along the 400-Block of South Riverside Avenue.
- Sunday, June 19, at 9:40 p.m.: smoke from cooking set off an alarm in a home on Scenic Drive West.
In addition to these calls for assistance, several members participated in a "Combat-Ready" Firefighting Class at Harmon Firehouse. Attendees reviewed all aspects of the fire service and how to be better prepared for any emergency.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.