CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton this week:
- New York State Police conducted a distracted driving detail on Routes 6 and 9 in Cortlandt on Monday, March 31, police officials said.
- State Sen. Greg Ball recently announced that the state's budget includes a provision to prevent recipients of public assistance from using electronic debit transfer cards at liquor stores and other locations.
- Both Lakeland High School in Shrub Oak and Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor have been evacuated following a bomb threat Monday morning.
- The number of students opting out of the English Language Arts exams this week hit double digits in a few Westchester school districts, while most said only a few refused to take the tests.
- A 14-year-old boy was arrested and charged with phoning in a false bomb threat earlier this week to Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor, Westchester County Police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.