Have you ever wondered if Wonder Woman has had a mammogram? The cartoon super hero probably hasn’t, but at least she knows how to self-check for lumps in her breasts.
A new campaign for breast cancer awareness in the African nation of Mozambique features some women cartoon hero star power. With faces obscured, among the mighty females in the campaign are Catwoman, She-Hulk, Storm and Wonder Woman. All are depicted in comic book-like drawings – by artist Maisa Chaves – as they check their breasts for lumps.
Captions include: “When we talk about breast cancer, there's no women or superwomen,” and, “Everybody has to do the self-examination monthly. Fight with us against the enemy and, when in doubt, talk with your doctor.”
We eagerly await the prostate cancer prevention campaign that features Batman and Superman. Perhaps not.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home