Have you ever wondered if Wonder Woman has had a mammogram? The cartoon super hero probably hasn’t, but at least she knows how to self-check for lumps in her breasts.
A new campaign for breast cancer awareness in the African nation of Mozambique features some women cartoon hero star power. With faces obscured, among the mighty females in the campaign are Catwoman, She-Hulk, Storm and Wonder Woman. All are depicted in comic book-like drawings – by artist Maisa Chaves – as they check their breasts for lumps.
Captions include: “When we talk about breast cancer, there's no women or superwomen,” and, “Everybody has to do the self-examination monthly. Fight with us against the enemy and, when in doubt, talk with your doctor.”
We eagerly await the prostate cancer prevention campaign that features Batman and Superman. Perhaps not.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Cortlandt On Wednesday
- 2 Taconic State Parkway Reopens After Closure In Dutchess
- 3 Cortlandt Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Hen Hud Schools Will Be Closed, Croton Schools Will Have Early Dismissal
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287