WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New Rochelle’s Kevin Shattenkirk and his teammates on the United States men’s hockey team will not play for the gold medal at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. Instead, they will meet Finland on Saturday for the bronze medal.
Team Canada used a second period goal by Jamie Benn and held on defeat Team USA, in the semifinals Friday in Sochi.
The United States outshot Canada, 37-31, but failed to put one past Team Canada goalie Carey Price.
The U.S. will meet Finland in the bronze medal game on Saturday. Sweden nipped Finland, 2-1, in Friday’s other semifinal.
Canada also defeated the U.S., 2-0, in the gold medal game at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
- 1 Investigators Awaiting Toxicology Report In Death Of Croton's Lacey Carr
- 2 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings