WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- White Plains native and Harvey School graduate Steve Masiello was placed on administrative leave from his position as Manhattan College's men's basketball coach after it was discovered he never obtained the undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky that he claimed to have, according to the New York Daily News.
The validity of his degree came under question during Masiello's vetting process to become the new men's basketball coach at the University of South Florida. since South Florida couldn't substantiate Masiello's degree, the $1million job offer to coach the Bulls was rescinded and his position with the Jaspers is now in jeopardy, the Daily News reported.
Manhattan College released a statement saying Masiello would be placed on administrative leave until the college completed a thorough review process.
- 1 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 2 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Cortlandt Mother Says Westchester County Jail Neglected Sick Son
- 5 Ossining Man Indicted For Selling Drugs In Cortlandt