WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- White Plains native and Harvey School graduate Steve Masiello was placed on administrative leave from his position as Manhattan College's men's basketball coach after it was discovered he never obtained the undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky that he claimed to have, according to the New York Daily News.
The validity of his degree came under question during Masiello's vetting process to become the new men's basketball coach at the University of South Florida. since South Florida couldn't substantiate Masiello's degree, the $1million job offer to coach the Bulls was rescinded and his position with the Jaspers is now in jeopardy, the Daily News reported.
Manhattan College released a statement saying Masiello would be placed on administrative leave until the college completed a thorough review process.
- 1 Cortlandt Man Charged After Being In Possession Of Drugs, Counterfeit Bills
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway