CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – The Walter Panas High School boys basketball tournament begins Friday with all four teams in action.
Lakeland will face Irvington at 5 p.m., and Panas will take on John Jay at 7 p.m. The winners of those two games will play for the championship at 7 p.m. Saturday, and the losers will square off in the consolation game at 3 p.m.
Panas reached the postseason last year but lost to Harrison in the first round. The Panthers returned several important players this year, including senior guard Vaughn Dweck, who shot 40 percent from beyond the arc last season. Junior forward Tyler Mason, who stands 6-foot-3, provides much of the size for an otherwise small Panas team.
The Panthers started the season with a 69-50 win against Hunter College and reached the finals of the Eastchester Holiday Tournament.
- 1 Cortlandt Man Charged After Being In Possession Of Drugs, Counterfeit Bills
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway