CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – The Walter Panas High School boys basketball tournament begins Friday with all four teams in action.
Lakeland will face Irvington at 5 p.m., and Panas will take on John Jay at 7 p.m. The winners of those two games will play for the championship at 7 p.m. Saturday, and the losers will square off in the consolation game at 3 p.m.
Panas reached the postseason last year but lost to Harrison in the first round. The Panthers returned several important players this year, including senior guard Vaughn Dweck, who shot 40 percent from beyond the arc last season. Junior forward Tyler Mason, who stands 6-foot-3, provides much of the size for an otherwise small Panas team.
The Panthers started the season with a 69-50 win against Hunter College and reached the finals of the Eastchester Holiday Tournament.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents