PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The Pace University men's baseball team opened Northeast-10 Southwest Division with its first win.
The Setters defeated the New Haven Chargers 3-1.
The Setters got off to a fast start with a pair of runs in the opening inning. Senior David Pepe reached on an infield single and scored on a triple from senior Chris Gili. Senior Ian Wukitsch followed with a single to put the Setters up 2-0.
The Chargers were able to come back with a run in their half of the first inning. Both teams were held off the board until the seventh where the Setters added another run from junior Tom Midolo, who scored on a single from sophomore Danny Wynne.
On the mound, juniors Jonathan Chudy and Tim Deegan combined to scatter six hits. Chudy got the start, and pitched the first four innings, allowed one unearned run on four hits and struck out five. Deegan tossed five scoreless innings, allowed two hits and struck out three.
The Setters return home on Friday, March 28 to host the Dominican Chargers.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Cortlandt, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Cortlandt; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Cortlandt Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road