CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – John Orozco, who trained at World Cup Gymnastics in Chappaqua, finished in eighth place in the men’s gymnastics all-around finals at the 2012 Summer Olympics on Wednesday.
Orozco finished with 89.331 points. U.S teammate Danell Leyva earned the bronze medal with a score of 90.698 points.
Twenty-four athletes competed in Wednesday’s event.
Orozco finished third in the floor exercise with 15.433 points, 23rd in pommel horse with 12.566 points, tied for third in rings with 15.200 points, eighth in vault with 15.900 points, eighth in parallel bars with 15.266 points and tied for eighth in horizontal bar with 14.966 points.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Montrose, Verplanck Affected By Water Main Break
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed