CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – John Orozco, who trained at World Cup Gymnastics in Chappaqua, finished in eighth place in the men’s gymnastics all-around finals at the 2012 Summer Olympics on Wednesday.
Orozco finished with 89.331 points. U.S teammate Danell Leyva earned the bronze medal with a score of 90.698 points.
Twenty-four athletes competed in Wednesday’s event.
Orozco finished third in the floor exercise with 15.433 points, 23rd in pommel horse with 12.566 points, tied for third in rings with 15.200 points, eighth in vault with 15.900 points, eighth in parallel bars with 15.266 points and tied for eighth in horizontal bar with 14.966 points.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation