NEW YORK, N.Y. – The New York Yankees open the 2012 Major League Baseball season on the road Friday with a three-game set against the Eastern Division rival Tampa Bay Rays and follow with a three-game series in Baltimore against the Orioles before returning to New York for the home opener against the Los Angeles Angels on April 13.
The Yankees won the 2011 AL Eastern Division regular season title with a record of 97-65, but were eliminated by the Detroit Tigers in postseason play.
New York added free agent pitcher and former Los Angeles Dodger right-hander Hiroki Kuroda, traded a young promising slugger Jesus Montero to the Seattle Mariners for young right-hander Michael Pineda (injured list) and added free agent designated hitter and former Philadelphia Phillies Raul Ibanez to add a left-handed power hitter.
To vote in the preseason New York Mets poll, click here.
- 1 Popeyes Pub In Cortlandt Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 4 Mohegan Lake Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash
- 5 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester