MONTROSE, N.Y. -- Hendrick Hudson three-sport athlete Dylan Gambardella was recently honored at a Section 1 athletic directors meeting and received the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association Student-Athlete Scholarship.
Gambardella is a three-sport varsity athlete who participates on the cross country, basketball and tennis teams. He holds a weighted average of more than 100 percent and takes advanced placement and honors level courses. He also holds many leadership roles in the school.
Gambardella is the class president, the Hen Hud Leos president, Math Honor Society president, National Honor Society vice president, sports editor of the school newspaper, treasurer of the Student Government and the president of the FBLA.
“Dylan is one of our finest students here at Hendrick Hudson," said Hen Hud Athletic Director Tom Baker. "As he walks the hallways of our school, he has the respect of all his peers, all staff and the entire administration."
"His desire to succeed clearly contributes to the results that he has for himself. His academic success, along with his athletic success, allow for Hendrick Hudson to be so very proud of this young man. I was thrilled when he represented all of Section 1 with this award. It was well deserved.“
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend