MONTROSE, N.Y. -- Hendrick Hudson three-sport athlete Dylan Gambardella was recently honored at a Section 1 athletic directors meeting and received the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association Student-Athlete Scholarship.
Gambardella is a three-sport varsity athlete who participates on the cross country, basketball and tennis teams. He holds a weighted average of more than 100 percent and takes advanced placement and honors level courses. He also holds many leadership roles in the school.
Gambardella is the class president, the Hen Hud Leos president, Math Honor Society president, National Honor Society vice president, sports editor of the school newspaper, treasurer of the Student Government and the president of the FBLA.
“Dylan is one of our finest students here at Hendrick Hudson," said Hen Hud Athletic Director Tom Baker. "As he walks the hallways of our school, he has the respect of all his peers, all staff and the entire administration."
"His desire to succeed clearly contributes to the results that he has for himself. His academic success, along with his athletic success, allow for Hendrick Hudson to be so very proud of this young man. I was thrilled when he represented all of Section 1 with this award. It was well deserved.“
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York