CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – The Hendrick Hudson High School football team will try to move up in the standings when it hosts Yonkers at 5 p.m. Saturday.
Hen Hud has been up and down all season. The Sailors blew out Riverside, 54-8, in week four but then suffered a 38-3 loss at Sleepy Hollow.
The offense has carried Hen Hud all season. The Sailors scored 29, 23 and 54 points in their three wins but just six and three points in their two losses.
Hen Hud now has a golden opportunity to move up the Class A League 1 standings. The Sailors' 3-2 record is the same as five other teams in the league. Harrison is the only undefeated team in League 1, and both Sleepy Hollow and Walter Panas sit above the Sailors at 4-1.
If Hen Hud beats Yonkers, it would give itself a leg up in the standings and could separate itself from the pack and help close the gap with the three teams above it.
The Bulldogs have struggled mightily this season as they have been shut out four times and have scored just six points in five games. Yonkers also has allowed 36.2 points per game and has given up at least 28 points in each contest.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Sprain Brook Wrong-Way Crash
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield