CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – The Hendrick Hudson High School football team will try to move up in the standings when it hosts Yonkers at 5 p.m. Saturday.
Hen Hud has been up and down all season. The Sailors blew out Riverside, 54-8, in week four but then suffered a 38-3 loss at Sleepy Hollow.
The offense has carried Hen Hud all season. The Sailors scored 29, 23 and 54 points in their three wins but just six and three points in their two losses.
Hen Hud now has a golden opportunity to move up the Class A League 1 standings. The Sailors' 3-2 record is the same as five other teams in the league. Harrison is the only undefeated team in League 1, and both Sleepy Hollow and Walter Panas sit above the Sailors at 4-1.
If Hen Hud beats Yonkers, it would give itself a leg up in the standings and could separate itself from the pack and help close the gap with the three teams above it.
The Bulldogs have struggled mightily this season as they have been shut out four times and have scored just six points in five games. Yonkers also has allowed 36.2 points per game and has given up at least 28 points in each contest.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Peekskill Man Stopped For Speeding Charged With DWI Under Leandra's Law
- 3 Cortlandt Woman, 25, Is Charged With DWI
- 4 New York Archdiocese Is Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester