CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – T.J. Olesczuk, a Hendrick Hudson High School graduate and resident of Cortlandt Manor, was named the Player of the Week for the Big South Conference. Olesczuk is a junior baseball player at Winthrop University in South Carolina.
Olesczuk, a center fielder, hit .500 (6-for-12) in four games last week and is hitting a league-leading .432. He hit two doubles in an 11-3 win over Coastal Carolina and leads the conference with 11 doubles.
Olesczuk led Winthrop in batting last year with a .279 average and started all 59 games. He led the team in triples (two) and was tied for second in home runs (two). He hit .307 as a freshman. He went 5-for-5 with four RBIs in a game on Feb. 25 against USC Upsate.
Olesczk was a three-sport star at Hen Hud, where he also lettered in soccer and basketball. He won the Con Ed Award in baseball as a senior.
Winthrop is 11-13 overall and 4-2 in the conference.
- 1 Popeyes Pub In Cortlandt Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 4 Mohegan Lake Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Cortlandt